Our Mission Statement
To empower and educate the homeless and hungry.
Nearly 5000 books have been collected from four book drives (See our Projects page for more details). We are currently working to send these books to various homeless shelters. While we have only distributed part of the book collection, these are the organizations that we have helped so far:
- Over 2000 books have been sent to Northshore Public School District and Seattle Public School District.
- Over 500 books have been sent to Operation Nightwatch, a Christian organization in Seattle that provides food, shelter, education, and religious support to the poor.
- Over 300 books have been sent to Overlake Hospital Medical Center, in Bellevue.
- Over 300 books were sent to Compass Housing Alliance (CHA), another shelter for the poor. 200 of these books were sent to their day center, and 150 to their permanent and transitional residences.
- Over 100 books have been given to Kirkland Interfaith Transitions in Housing (KITH), a non-profit organization that provides housing for the poor in East King County.
- Over 100 books were given to Mary's Place, a shelter for homeless women.
- Follow us on Facebook!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Organize a book drive!
- Get a box, or preferably multiple boxes!
- Decorate the boxes, and include our logo.
- Place the boxes strategically in a public place (local church, school, college, business, etc.)
- Spread the word. This may be the most critical step; motivate others to donate!
- Collect the books, and contact us to arrange a way to distribute the books
- Set up a local chapter at your school, college, business or church!
- Gather several friends
- Find a local organization that provides food and shelter to the homeless
- Go through the steps above for organizing a book drive